Broadcast e-mail sends text or web page advertisements to a list of e-mail addresses. It is the Internet's version of direct marketing.
Broadcast e-mail types:
- Solicited (opt-in)
- The recipient has given permission to have e-mails sent to them.
- E-mail addresses are generated from a database of new contacts.
broadcast e-mail tips
- Whether solicited or unsolicited make sure your audience is well targeted.
- Be careful about sending unsolicited e-mails many people will react negatively to the intrusion.
- The effectiveness of your message will be greatly enhanced with a special offer.
- Always try to capture the e-mail of visitors to your site so that you have a ready database of solicited e-mail recipients