Keyword identification seeks to determine a set of phrases that people might use to find your web site. The quality of these keywords is critical for proper search engine placement.
steps to positioning
- Keyword identification
- Selecting the keyword phrases you want to focus on for high ranking
- Search Engine Optimization
- Formatting your web pages so that they place well
- Search Engine Registration
- Submitting your site/web pages to search engines to get listed
- Many web site positioning firms focus on the optimization and registration aspects of the process while neglecting proper keyword identification. Good search engine placement on poor keywords is a waste of resources, as it will do little to create valuable customers from your site.
- The keywords you select must be in the content of your site. If you try to use phrases that do not accurately reflect the content of your site, not only will you drive useless traffic, you may get banned from the search engines for spamming.